Thursday, June 5, 2008

An Angel Named Misty


God has sent the Young family an angel named Misty. Soon after our experience with Liberian lice I wanted to take Maria and Suzanna to the beauty salon to get their hair trimmed in hopes that we could begin to get it healthy. The wonderful lady that has done my hair and Aubrey’s for years did not feel comfortable with black hair but said she could recommend someone. The first person she mentioned was leaving the salon for another one so I didn’t want to go with her. Angie then took me two doors down from her salon and introduced me to Misty and asked her if she could trim my two daughters’ hair and made an appointment.

On Aubrey’s 9th birthday I took all three girls to get their hair cut. Misty began to look at Maria and Suzanna’s hair and said their hair was so unhealthy and badly damaged that she couldn’t even get a comb through it. She then suggested a relaxer for both girls’ hair in order to take better care of it and get it healthy. I called David and told him it would cost $70 per girl and he said we really needed to do it. That was the best money we have ever spent!

Misty treated Maria and Suzanna like princesses and they loved every minute of it! I wish you could have seen the confidence level of both girls skyrocket! They both said they felt so pretty! Misty used the flat iron on both girls and styled their hair beautifully. We all had a great afternoon, even the boys, visiting with Misty.

When Misty was finishing up with Suzanna she said that she could teach me how to do the girls’ hair and buy the products for me so it wouldn’t be such a big expense for us. I said I would definitely need to do that and how much I appreciated her willingness to help.

Late in April I made an appointment with Misty to relax Suzanna’s hair again and to show me how to do it. During the appointment Misty said that when we did Maria’s hair she would let me do it and she would just watch and bail me out if necessary. We made the appointment for the next week. I remember driving home and feeling so overwhelmed at the thought of actually doing both girls’ hair. Could I really do it without ruining their hair? Would my bad back be able to take it? Where would I find the time every 8 weeks? I just prayed to God to give me a peace about it and to give me the ability and strength to do it.

A few days later I received a call from Misty. She explained to me that she knew adoption was a calling from God and that she felt a burden in her heart to help us. She said she knew I already had my hands full and wanted to know if she could continue to do the girls’ hair for me at a reduced cost. She said she receives such a blessing doing their hair and really likes to do it. Misty said she could do the girls’ hair for $25 each! I told you she was an angel!!! God had once again answered my prayer beyond my wildest dreams!

Our family is so grateful to God for bringing Misty into our lives. She is a sweet and loving woman with two children of her own who loves country music! Both Maria and Suzanna just love their new hair and their new friend, Misty.

2 comments:

nicole (nicmowat) said...

how awesome!!!! very very cool..... wow!

Shannon R said...

chill bumps! God is so good! : )